Digital Twin technology that will be developed within the MooringSense project will integrate a detailed digital replica of the mooring system.The solution will be based on improved high fidelity coupled numerical models and advanced simulation tools that will be used to provide updated condition information, supported by real sensor measurements, and integrated within a risk-based integrity management plan. Some functionalities that will be achieved are:
- Real time virtual measurement of mooring line tensions.
- Accurate prediction of remaining useful time of the mooring system components.
- Continuous update of Ultimate Limit State and Accidental Limit States safety factors.
- More accurate modelling of typical degradation states and damages.
- Improved operation prediction.